Sugar house 2016 bourbon bracket challenge
It’s March and madness is everywhere. Here at the Sugar House you won’t be able to tune into the games, but we have something better for you to focus on. And although you can’t suit up and join your favorite team on the court, you can play a vital role in naming metro Detroit’s 2016 Bourbon Champion.
Here’s how it works:
1. Starting tonight you can come in to the Sugar House and begin working (if tasting bourbon can be considered work) through the bracket. You have until Wednesday, April 5th to complete the bracket and name the 2016 Bourbon Champion.
2. Choose any matchup to start and you will be given a discounted 1 oz pour of each bourbon to taste. However, and most importantly, the tasting will be done blindly. That’s right, you won’t know which bourbon is which until after you choose your favorite.
3. We will keep your bracket safe and sound at the bar for you so no need to worry about losing it.
4. Post your results and compare notes with fellow bourbon enthusiasts in the comment section of the matchups on the website. You can also check them out on the Facebook page. Or if you like you can also use #shbourbonbracket to share your results on Instagram or Twitter.
5. We will post weekly updates on bracket results.
6. On Tuesday, April 5th at 8pm we will announce the metro Detroit 2016 Bourbon Champion, as chosen by you and your fellow bourbon enthusiasts. If you completed your bracket by that time you will get a complementary victory pour of the winning whiskey next time you stop by the bar.